Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fake smiles all around.

I hate it when people are fake. When they pretend the world is fantastic when it's not. When they pretend to be someone happy, someone full of life, someone with meaning...someone fake. None of us are falling for your charade...so put us out of our misary. At family get togethers, its like everyone has had their share of fake smiles. Might as well go around with a tray, passing them out...everyone has one. And those who don't feel out of place, so pick one up. All trying to out do eachother. Is it worth it? Probably not. Does that stop them? no.

Why is it that we feel like an outcast within the "comfort" of our own family.

Isn't it rich?Are we a pair?Me here at last on the ground,You in mid-air.Send in the clowns.
Isn't it bliss? Don't you approve?One who keeps tearing around,One who can't move.Where are the clowns?Send in the clowns.
Just when I'd stoppedOpening doors,Finally knowingThe one that I wanted was yours,Making my entrance againWith my usual flair,Sure of my lines,No one is there.
Don't you love farce?My fault, I fear.I thought that you'd want what I want - Sorry, my dear.But where are the clowns?There ought to be clowns.Quick, send in the clowns.
What a surprise.Who could foreseeI'd come to feel about you What you'd felt about me?Why only now when i see That you'd drifted away?What a surprise.What a cliché.
Isn't it rich?Isn't it queer?Losing my timing this lateIn my career?And where are the clowns?Quick, send in the clowns.Don't bother - they're here.

1 comment: